Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission if you make a purchase through our links, at no additional cost to you. For more information please visit our Disclaimers page.
According to research, low-calorie protein rich diets result in significant weight loss. So, when you consume protein rich diet, you feel full for a longer time and have enough energy to work out so your body can burn fat. This way, you lose weight.
Pancakes are also rich in protein but here is the question:
Table of Contents
Are protein pancakes good for weight loss?
Protein pancakes may help you lose weight, but they can also gain weight. Eating pancakes frequently and doing nothing will do you no good. If you’re a fitness enthusiast, you must work out and eat protein pancakes to boost your weight loss. Protein pancakes are rich in protein and low in carbohydrates and fats. The low-carb content makes the pancake a low-calorie snack.
That said, this guide covers everything about protein pancakes. So, delve below to learn more about protein-rich pancakes!
Are Protein Pancakes Healthy?
Protein pancakes contain more protein and are low in fats and sugars. It means they contain ingredients from all food groups. On a weight loss journey, you can have this healthy snack, which is loaded with protein and enhances your satiety by keeping you full. A study suggests that over the past 20 years, protein diets have played a significant role in weight loss.
Protein pancakes are healthier only if topped with low-carb and low-fat products. If you use toppings rich in carbs and fats, they will do you no good.
In contrast, traditional pancakes are high in calories because they contain less protein and more carbs and fats. In addition, their toppings are also loaded with fats and carbs, making them unhealthy to eat.
Even though protein pancakes contain calories, working out will burn those calories. The purpose of weight loss is to burn more than you consume. You can achieve the target with moderate eating and physical activity.
Since pancakes for weight loss contain more protein, it helps suppress ghrelin in your body. Ghrelin is a hunger-producing hormone that signals your brain that it’s time to eat.
With suppression of hunger hormone, the body doesn’t produce insulin. With no insulin production, there will be no fat storage, making your weight loss journey easier.
Related: How to Lose 10 Pounds In a Week
What Time Is Best To Have Protein Pancakes?
Protein-rich pancakes make a healthy snack if prepared well. Eating them won’t make you gain weight, but having them at the wrong time will. So, here’s when you should have them for weight loss.
- Anyone who wants to shed some pounds can have pancakes before working out. This way, they will have enough energy to exercise without getting tired. Furthermore, their muscles will have sufficient protein to recover post-workout.
- You can have pancakes in the morning. They make a delicious breakfast treat. A study by an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology at the University of Missouri presented the beneficial effect of a protein-rich breakfast in keeping a person satiated. As an added benefit, it will keep you energetic as well. Not to mention, the protein-rich diet will improve your metabolism as well.
These are some of the best times to have protein pancakes. Having them before breakfast or in the morning will prevent you from overeating. They will also provide you with the energy needed to work out.
Not to mention, the protein in pancakes will recover your muscles from the wear and tear caused during a workout.
Related: Basic DASH Diet Foods
When to Avoid Eating Protein Pancakes?
Protein pancakes are beneficial for weight loss, but they have low-calorie content. This low-calorie snack at the wrong time of the day can ruin your weight loss routine. You should avoid eating pancakes;
- If you have a stationary lifestyle, don’t eat pancakes. It’s because, without a workout, the excess protein in your body will break down into sugar and be stored as fat. Hence, you will end up gaining weight.
- Only have pancakes in the evening as you will have taken two meals of the day by then. Adding pancakes will worsen the situation and won’t help you shed weight.
Benefits Of Protein Pancakes
Protein pancakes are made with protein powder, Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, egg whites and other healthier protein sources. Including protein pancakes in your weight loss journey will benefit you in the following ways.
- Consuming protein pancakes will help in the maintenance and growth of muscle mass.
- It will help to keep your bones healthy.
- It will enhance your satiety by keeping you full.
- Low fat and carb content will prevent the production of unnecessary fat tissue.
- A protein-rich diet also promotes healthy skin, hair and nail health.
Protein Pancakes For Fat Loss Recipe
Since you got the answer for “Are Protein Pancakes Good For Weight Loss?” in affirmative. And you also learned that Protein pancakes are better than traditional pancakes as they are made with refined grains or refined sugar.
So, here we bring you a fantastic recipe you can make in one go.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-9 pancakes
- Oats 1 cup
- Banana 1
- Eggs 2
- Egg white ½ cup
- Baking powder 4 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Protein powder 1-2 scoops
- Flax meal 2 tbsp
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and run them through on medium-low speed until well mixed.
- Heat the non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Pour the batter in small circles up to ¼ cup of each pancake; once the edges look dry, flip and cook another side for two minutes.
- You can sprinkle blueberries or chopped walnuts as topping on the pancakes. You can add honey as a topping too.
- Make sure the topping contains low carb and low fats.
Protein pancakes are healthy for weight loss only if combined with a workout. Protein-rich diets keep you full throughout the day and don’t send hunger signals to the brain.
Moreover, the high protein content in pancakes helps in muscle maintenance, preserves bone mass and offers other benefits. To sum up, moderate consumption of pancakes is good for weight loss.
Are protein pancakes healthy?
Since protein pancakes are rich in protein and low in carbs and fats, they help to keep you satiated. In addition, the high protein content helps maintain muscle mass, whereas low sugar content preserves the lean body.
Are pancakes healthy for weight loss?
Yes, they are healthy for weight loss. The rich protein content in them suppresses hunger-producing hormones, gives you a feeling of fullness and prevents you from overeating. As a result, it helps with weight loss.
How many pancakes should I eat to lose weight?
To lose weight, consume 1.6 to 2.2 grams per kg (. 73 and 1 grams per pound). Weight loss requires 2.2-3.4 grams of protein per kilogram (1-1.5 grams per pound) for athletes and intensive exercisers.